WE LOVE IT CHEESY
Wednesday to Friday, whole year around
“Sweet dreams are made of… CHEESE!”
Whoever says Gouda, says CHEESE! The famous GOUDA CHEESE is still made the traditional way in the polders surrounding the city. That’s where the cows are that give their milk for the cheese every day. From the polder, the farmers bring the cheeses to Gouda city centre, where they are traded at the cheese market. Enjoy two days of everything Gouda has to tell you about cheese!
Upon arrival, take a seat on our sunny terrace for a delicious cup of coffee/tea with a Gouda delicacy. Afterwards, at 15:00 enjoy a High Cheese in the Museum Café: Gouda’s high tea specialist! We recommend reserving a table in our fine dining restaurant LIZZ* for dinner. End the day with a restful night in our fine rooms.
Thursday morning, after breakfast in the historic Regentenkamer, walk within 4 minutes to the Gouda Cheese Market, where you can enjoy the hearth games that appear. Afterwards, hop on an electric bike at Borghstijn for a scenic route to cheese farm Schep in Bergambacht, where you can learn everything about making cheese. The day ends, at 17:00, in a cheese tasting at ‘t Kaaswinkeltje Gouda, followed by a second overnight stay in one of our luxury hotel rooms.
WHAT DOES THE PACKAGE INCLUDE
- A welcoming reception (coffee/tea) on our terrace with a Gouda delicacy
- 2 nights in one of our rooms with lovely COCOMAT beds and Zenology cosmetic products
- Free upgrade based on availability
- Both mornings a tasty breakfast in the historic Regentenkamer
- 2 electric bicycles for the Thursday
- Access code for De Twee Hoeven cheese farm
- High Cheese for 2 persons
- Cheese tasting at ‘t Kaaswinkeltje
- From €570.90 (excluding city tax and energy surcharge) based on two persons per room
Reservations are subject to availability. All reservations are subject to the uniform catering terms and conditions.
For the ultimate experience and due to popularity, we advise you to reserve a table in our fine dining restaurant LIZZ* well in advance of your arrival date.
You can make reservations via this website, by telephone on 0182 231253 or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.